Cinemoves has specialized in remote camera placement for over 25 years giving us unique experience at implementing social distancing on set. Our equipment is inherently remote and Cinemoves is working diligently to put in place protocols for this new filmmaking environment. This page is dedicated to sharing information about on set practices and filming while taking into consideration the threat of Covid-19. We have the knowledge to enable filming with social distancing practices in mind. Please contact us directly to discuss these filming options. We look forward to working together to create solutions for shooting in new and innovative ways.
The film industry is made up of the best problem solvers in the world and we are confident that we as an industry will come up with solutions to become better than ever. Cinemoves is proud to be a part of this amazing industry. We believe in the future of our industry and look forward to being part of the solution that gets us all back to work. We appreciate your support over the last 25 years and look forward to seeing you on a healthy and happy set soon.
Here are a few key steps we’re taking to meet customer needs while keeping our employees and clients safe:
HANDLING OF EQUIPMENT
- Cinemoves will implement a no-touch policy for all equipment.Only our technicians should handle gear including carts, cases, tape, etc.
- Technicians will disinfect gearduring breaks in activity and throughout their daily routine.
- Equipment will also have protective coverings applied wherever possible.
- Our crews will have a cooler of water and snacks that will only be used by them.
- Cinemoves will be conducting daily health checks including symptom and temperature screening. Each tech will have a non-contact thermometer. They will check their temperature three separate times before a job. Noon the day before, the evening before and the morning of. This will allow tech substitutions if needed.
- Cinemoves will have standby technicians available when possible in the event someone shows any symptoms before a job.
- Our team members will practice social distancing by avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (at least 6 feet) from others when possible.
- Masks will be worn while on set and are required when social distancing is not possible.
- Cinemoves technicians will carry their own protective supplies including masks, gloves, disinfecting cleaners, wipes, etc.
- We will minimize the number of people having totouch the same items which may require additional gear.
- We will continue to thrive for consistency regarding which pieces of equipment are handled by whom.
- Cinemoves trucks and equipment will be driven and loaded only by our crew.
- Headsets kits will be assigned to technicians. There will be no sharing of headsets and individual headsets will be sanitized and bagged before assigning to crew members.
- Replacement batteries must be disinfected in between uses, bagged, and handed to crew as needed.
- Our team will avoid using other crew members phones, work tools, and equipment when possible.
- Conduct a thorough hazard assessment to determine if workplace hazards are present, or are likely to be present, and determine what type of controls or PPE are needed for specific job duties.
- Encourage employees to wear cloth face coverings in the workplace, if appropriate.
- Implement policies and practices for social distancing in the workplace of no less than 6 feet whenever possible.
- Improve ventilation in all buildings.
- Prevent and reduce transmission among employees.
- Self-monitor for signs or symptoms of COVID-19 and report immediately.
- Sick employees will follow the CDC-recommended steps and will not return to work until the criteria to discontinue home isolation are met, in consultation with healthcare providers.
- Require frequent and thorough hand washing by all personnel, without exception with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or to use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available: Before and after work shifts, Before and after work breaks, After blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing, After using the restroom, Before eating or preparing food, After putting on, touching, or removing cloth face coverings, Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough and sneeze or use the inside of their elbow. Throw used tissues into no-touch trash cans and immediately wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice routine cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Dirty surfaces can be cleaned with soap and water prior to disinfection. We are following the Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations provided by the CDC for Covid-19.
- Do not use other people’s phones, desks, offices or personal work tools.
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
The health and safety of our employees, clients, vendors, and families is everyone’s highest priority. The following ideas have been compiled to help us all prepare and plan. They are not intended to create any new legal or contractual obligations. We will continually adapt to the policies of the CDC, Local & State Authorities, Unions and Productions to ensure the safety of our employees and clients.